Back in 1984 I started my post-high school education at DeVry. I was there to get a ET certificate (Electronic Technician). The first project that I worked on was the Console 80, and it was the basis for all experiments and labs. I used it throughout school and afterward also. And my kids used it too… and abused it.
The scope of this project is to replace the broken components, enclose it in a better housing and test all the functionality.
The assembly manual and schematic are key to this, luckily I have the original documentation. Here’s the scanned documentation (searchable PDF):
8 comments for “Console 80 Refurb Project”