Continuing on with the glue ups… and what a lot of glue there is. I went through one full container and started on a second. Started the day by replacing the desktop component that warped (as discussed in the previous post). So, having completed the replacement part, I was able to plane the three desktop components and glue them together.
Next on today’s list is to make the blanks for the desk legs. I started with a 2×10 by 8′. After ripping the rounded edges off one side, and running that side against the fence, I ripped a three pieces 2 1/8″ wide. Then I took one of those and ripped it into 5/8″ slices.’
I then glued the 5/8″ piece to the 1 1/2″ side, making it 2 1/8″ square. After planing, it will be two inch square. And that’s it for today!